Burrows Pass & Wind

We woke up around 8:00 or so. We picked up camp and got our bikes ready to ride Burrows Pass. The wind in the canyon where we were camping wasn’t too bad. As soon as we rode out of the canyon up onto the sandstone where Burrow’s Pass was at the wind was blowing about 20 mph, this made riding fun. The trail wasn’t really mark so we just played around and rode down the sandstone for a while. There were some interesting areas to play in. There were some bowls, steps, bumps. We rode about 2.5 miles down the sandstone and rode up to the top of that area. Jerry got a flat tire so we had to stop and fill it up. I was playing around jumping of some steps and the last one I did my tires slide out from under me and I hit the ground hard. It was by far the hardest wipeout of the trip. We decided to head back when the wind hit about 40 mph. It was fun riding back you could go about 25 mph and not even have to pedal because the wind was blowing so hard. Once back to the start we found this really steep section that leads you to the road so Jerry and I decided we would ride down it. The bonus was that there was sand at the bottom so the wipeout wouldn’t be so bad; however it kept getting steeper as you went down. We both were able to make it down without crashing.

When we got back to the car the thunderstorms had started to move in and it started to rain, so we headed into town. We decided to get a hotel room for the night since we all needed to shower. This would be the only shower of the trip for all three of us, so it was a fresh relief. We ended up just hanging out in the hotel room watching Meet the Fockers and then watch The Amazing Race. After the show was over we headed up to Wendy’s to get some food. I didn’t think the hotel would like us firing up the stoves in the hotel room. After dinner we headed out to the hot tub for some needed relaxation. There we met a family from South Carolina. We talked to them for quite some time. We headed back in and before we went to bed we decided we would get up early and hit Slickrock again the next day. We hit the sack about 9:30.

This entry was posted in General, Moab, UT - April 2006, Troy. Bookmark the permalink.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s